Friday, May 23, 2008

17 May 2008 - 163km!

I haven't written in a while. We have done some things worth writing about, but not as much as today. 163km!

Lilongwe, Malawi to Chipata, Zambia.

This morning in Lilongwe, some dude was visiting our host and was incredibly relieved when our host explained why we were walking around in spandex. We forget what freaks we look like. This chap then proceeded to comment on how "brave" we were. "Brave?" - not quite the word I would use to describe this trip. "Mad", "ill-conceived", "suckers-for-punishment..." - now thats a little closer to the mark!

I am in my tent now. It has just gone 9pm on a Saturday night and we have just watched the Sharks secure a place in the Super14 semifinal. Every Natalian in Durbs is currently having the biggest bender ever... and I couldn't be happier. I am a loser, in a sleeping bag, with a tired body and heavy eyes. This is the longest day that I have cycled yet.

Good work, Didi!

No comments: