Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Vodacom Welcomes you to South Africa! – Friday 13th June 2008

I’m like a kid on Christmas eve. We are here. We are camped on the South African border not more than 200meters from the mighty Limpopo and South African soil. I got a text message that went “Vodacom welcomes you to South Africa” and I nearly burst into tears! I cant help but recall that first day in Cairo. Wow! We have come a ridiculously long way.

Without getting too sentimental and being likened to a tree-hugging hippy, I honestly believe that there are places in the world in which your life and the earth are in sync; places where your soul is at home. I can travel in the States and join the masses working in London, but once my feet hit South African soil I start dancing to a slightly different tune. I am coming home. I have said that a lot tonight. The guys understand my excitement, but as I say it the eighteenth time, I don’t think they fully appreciate how much this means to me! I am coming home. This is a dream actualized. Honey, I’m home!

No comments: