Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thursday 19th June - Rosebank Mall

Shops. People. Beautiful clothes. Lavish fabrics. Stylish shoes. Decadent food shops. Friends from home. Comfort. People. Lots of people. Too many people. Overwhelmed.

One night in southern sudan I was forcefully separated from the team and told to sleep with the other woman in the female compound. Last night was the second night in six months that I didnt sleep under the same roof as one of the guys. They have become my world and my family, and Africa and her simplicities is what I am now comfortable with.

Then imagine me in Rosebank mall. I was so completely overwhelmed by all the choice, all the expense, the decadence, that I ended up spending 5 hours there mostly just walking around not daring to try anything on. I have become used to rotating the four items of clothes I have, was thrilled to find a Pep in Zambia, and had half forgotten how much enjoyment I get from beautful fabrics and fine textures.

The strange thing is, I am not sure that its a world I prefer.

2 comments:

Quenataucus Corner said...

Cycling is also a great way to exercise for people who have heartburn problems. For more ideal details about best cycles, pop over to these guys.

Hugo Davis said...

Even if you're familiar with hybrid bicycles and just purchasing one for your first time, be sure to consult with experts and have them test out some of your favorite models.Want to know more about best tricycles for adult? find out here.